- What is Solink?Solink is a subscription-based video surveillance as a service (VSaaS) company. By pairing video with your other systems, including your point of sale (POS), Solink allows you to use event- and motion-based search to quickly find needed video footage.
- How does Solink work?Solink reviews all of your POS transactions and other data and pairs them with the corresponding real-time security camera video, creating a dashboard of searchable moments. These moments allow you to filter by specific incidents like movement in a room, particular purchases, or unusual staff behavior. Along with better security, this provides a new level of business insights.
- Where is the Solink head office?Solink is headquartered in Ottawa’s Tech Park. Here’s the address:
110-390 March Road,
Ottawa, Ontario K2K 0G7
- When was Solink founded?Solink was founded in 2010.
- Has Solink been funded?Yes, Solink has had several rounds of funding. Most recently, Solink raised 23 million CAD in a Series B funding led by OMERS Ventures.
- Is Solink available internationally?Solink currently has offices in Canada and the United Kingdom. Solink has customers globally with more coming online every day.
- Where is the Solink careers page?You can find all of Solink’s current job listings here.
- What is the typical Solink salary range?Solink is looking for great candidates to fill a diversity of roles. Each position has its own salary range. Solink offers competitive compensation packages. For all full-time employees, this includes a competitive salary, generous benefits, equity, a health/wellness reimbursement program, and a great vacation policy.
- What is life at Solink like?Solink offers a great work–life balance and a fun atmosphere filled with people looking to contribute the best way they can. We also have several get-togethers throughout the year, including Solinko and the Solympics. Solink offers the chance to work in a supportive and collaborative community with great leaders and passionate individuals that fosters growth. Life at Solink is an exciting journey where we get to write our own adventure novel one page at a time.
- Does Solink have any open positions?You can find all of Solink’s current job listings here.
- Does Solink allow remote work?Solink has a mix of fully remote, hybrid, and in-office positions. This is highlighted in the job description. While we have an office in Ottawa, Canada where people can work in person, this is not required for every position.
Note that remote positions might be restricted to the Ottawa area, Ontario, Canada, or North America. We are unable to hire people outside of the area listed in the job posting due to security and other considerations.
- How can I reach Solink Tech Support?You can contact Solink Tech Support at 1-888-335-9844, or try our live chat. Both are available 24/7. You can also visit our Help Center for all contact options.
- How can I connect to Solink Sales?You can contact Solink Sales at 1-888-817-6546. You can also visit our Help Center for all contact options.
- What is the Solink Customer Support phone number?You can call Solink Customer Support at 1-888-335-9844 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our Help Center for all contact options.
- What is the Solink Platform?The Solink Platform connects your security cameras and other data sources to provide insights into how your business is doing. With Solink, you can monitor all of your locations in real time at once on your laptop or mobile device.
- What is Solink Video Alarms Monitoring Service?Better, cheaper, and easier to deploy: Solink Video Alarms Monitoring uses your existing security cameras as an alarm system. Unlike panel alarms, which only protect doors and windows, video alarms protect entire areas. Individual areas can be turned on and off separately with one-click controls, so a loading dock can be secured while the storefront is still operational. We verify every event before dispatching emergency responders. This leads to faster response times when necessary, while avoiding unnecessary dispatches and hefty false alarm fines.
- How does Solink work?Solink connects your security cameras to other data sources available in your business to create new insights into the day-to-day operations of your business. This saves you time and money while enhancing your loss prevention and physical security.
- Do I have to buy additional equipment to use Solink?Solink is a technology agnostic platform. We work with almost every security camera available on the market as well as over 200 partners to make it as inexpensive and easy as possible to start benefiting from the business insights that are only possible when you connect video to data.
- How is Solink different from a camera or security system?Solink is not a camera system. It is cloud video surveillance software that works on desktop or mobile, and it leverages your security camera recordings to create a dashboard of searchable moments. By pairing your video footage with your POS system data or other data entry systems, Solink can show you what’s happening in your business at any time, with a combination of data and video footage for context. By providing you with a dashboard of clips paired with data, Solink gives you a wide range of methods to search for store theft, security, operations, training, staffing, and customer service issues.
- I own multiple businesses or sites, can I use Solink in multiple locations?Absolutely. Solink is the ideal video surveillance system for people with multiple locations. It acts as your virtual headquarters, gathering data from every location in one place so you can review each site individually or compare revenue and results across all of them. You’ll be able to sort your security camera video, transactions, and projected trends by location without having to log in and out multiple times. Whether you have one or one thousand stores, Solink gives you total visibility into every site.
- Is Solink secure?Solink takes security very seriously. We’ve recently attained SOC 2 Type II certification. Keeping your data safe is our highest priority. You can see our approach to security here.
Solink camera help
- What cameras are compatible with Solink?Solink is compatible with most security cameras on the market today, including older analog models. Here is a partial list of compatible cameras. Please reach out if you don’t see your camera models on this list.
- Does Solink sell cameras?Yes. Solink can work with your existing cameras or set you up with new ones at competitive prices.
- Do Solink cameras record audio?The Solink platform is fully compatible with audio. We sell audio cameras and can be used with most audio cameras on the market today.
- What length of video retention does Solink offer?Solink can be customized to meet your needs, including the number of cameras, streaming quality, and length of retention. Whether you need 30, 90, or 365 days of retention, Solink can create the right plan for you.
- Is Solink a cloud-based solution?Solink is a cloud-first video security solution. We make your video and data available from anywhere, anytime, so you can remotely monitor your business in real time.
- Does Solink work with many camera brands?Yes. Solink is compatible with most business security cameras on the market. If you don’t see your security camera models on our camera compatibility chart, we might still be able to integrate with them. Please reach out for a free virtual security walk-through.
Solink service contract
- How much does Solink cost?Solink’s price is variable based on the number of cameras, video quality, retention, etc. If you’d like to get a quote, please contact us.
- Does Solink work with proprietary hardware?Solink is a technology agnostic platform. We work with almost every security camera available on the market as well as over 300 partners to make it as cheap and easy as possible to start benefiting from the business insights that are only possible when you connect video to other data. We install a small fully guaranteed and hands-off appliance on site, with no proprietary hardware to purchase.
- I already have security cameras, do I have to buy all new ones?Solink is compatible with most business security cameras on the market. If you don’t see your security camera models on our camera compatibility chart, we might still be able to integrate with them. Please reach out for a free virtual security walk-through. If you do need new security cameras, Solink can source and install them at very competitive prices.
- I don’t have security cameras, can Solink help me find the right option for my business?Yes, Solink is an all-in-one video surveillance solution. We can source and install security cameras to maximize coverage.
- Do I have to pay for updates or maintenance of Solink equipment?No, Solink’s subscription includes automated security updates, fully guaranteed and hands-off equipment, health checks, and many new features each year, for example Threshold Notifications.
- How long does it take to get Solink?It is hard to give you a specific timeline for installation as it depends on the size of your location, where you are, whether you need new security cameras, if a custom POS integration is required, etc. However, we strive to get first and further locations up and running as soon as possible.
- Why does Solink involve hardware?Solink is a cloud-first video security solution supported by a fully warrantied and hands-off local storage appliance.
- How do I access Solink?Solink is incredibly easy to use. It is designed to make it as quick as possible to set up and become a pro. However, we provide onboard and ongoing support to every site. We make sure you get the most out of the Solink platform. You can access your account here.
- How do I learn how to use Solink?Solink has a great team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs) waiting to help you. While the Solink platform is easy to use and we are confident that you could figure it out on your own, we leave nothing to chance. Our CSMs come from diverse industry backgrounds, so we can pair you with someone who has worked in your industry and knows the specific value Solink brings to organizations like yours.
- What do I do if I need help figuring something out after hours?Solink offers a variety of customer service options. You may contact us using the platform-based chat system, send us an email, or call our service line. In all cases, we are available 24/7 to help you with whatever you need.
- Does Solink integrate with point of sale (POS) systems?Yes, Solink integrates with dozens of POS systems.
- I already have a POS system I love, do I have to replace it?No. If Solink doesn’t currently integrate with your preferred POS system, we’ll try to find a way to make it work.
- Does Solink integrate with access control systems?Yes, Solink integrates with several access control systems.
- Does Solink integrate with scheduling software?Yes, Solink integrates with several scheduling software solutions.
- Does Solink integrate with alarm systems?Yes, Solink integrates with several alarm systems. Solink also offers Video Alarms, which can enhance or replace traditional alarm systems or security guards for many businesses.
Business security and surveillance
- What is in a business security camera system?A complete business security camera system includes a lot more than just cameras:
- Business security cameras
- Data storage
- Internet connection
- Video analytics
- What is cloud video surveillance?At Solink, we consider cloud video surveillance as a security system that is always on, always compatible, always available, and always up to date. Solink’s cloud video security platform has many advantages over traditional security:
- Save and share
- Remote monitoring
- Everything in one place
- Proactive monitoring
- Off-site cloud video storage backup
- Constant improvements
- Health checks
- What is remote video monitoring?Remote video monitoring is a way to improve security while cutting costs. As businesses expand to more than one location, senior management needs a way of monitoring all of their premises from anywhere.
- Why is footfall counting important?People counting is the first step to calculating loads of valuable metrics:
- Conversion rates
- Speed of service
- Average revenue per visitor
- Average duration of visit
- Heatmaps and zone counting
- What is loss prevention/asset protection?Asset protection and loss prevention are management strategies to reduce shrinkage, theft, and other forms of overhead. These departments can also include the physical security operations of the business and the parts of employee training and onboarding focused on employee theft.
- I already have a POS system I love, do I have to replace it?
- How do I learn how to use Solink?
- Why does Solink involve hardware?
- Does Solink work with proprietary hardware?
- Does Solink sell cameras?
- What is Solink Video Alarms Monitoring Service?
- How can I connect to Solink Sales?
- What is the typical Solink salary range?
- How does Solink work?