- What is Solink?Solink is a subscription-based software that connects your security camera footage with your POS data to give you the insight you need to increase your profits, reduce theft, and help you reclaim your time. For more details, click here.
- How does Solink work?Solink reviews all of your POS transactions and pairs them with the corresponding real-time security camera video, creating a dashboard of searchable moments. These moments allow you to filter by specific incidents like movement in a room, particular purchases, and unusual staff behavior.
- Do I have to buy additional equipment to use Solink?No, but if you’re due for an upgrade, it’s a great time to start with Solink. If you’re already using security cameras in your store, you don’t need to purchase any new equipment. Solink can integrate with almost any type of camera, whether it’s digital or analog. If you do require new security cameras, we can help you find the best option for your store. Any other equipment needed to run Solink (adapters, encoders, QNAPs) is provided as a part of your subscription, at no extra cost. We also integrate with dozens of popular point of sale (POS) systems, so if your business is transactional, your existing POS is likely compatible, as well. If you are looking to connect Solink with other business systems such as security keypads, your rep will let you know if we have an established integration with your current hardware.
- I already have security cameras, do I have to buy all new ones?It is unlikely. Solink is able to integrate with almost any type of camera, whether it’s digital or analog. Solink helps leverage your existing systems, so we will work with you to make the most out of what you’ve already invested in. If you’re ready to upgrade your security cameras, we are happy to help point you in the right direction.
- I don’t have security cameras, can Solink help me find the right option for my business?Yes we can! Solink partners with several industry leading camera manufacturers so we can offer competitive pricing to our customers. Solink also enlists certified security camera technicians to help customers install their cameras efficiently and effectively.
- How is Solink different from a camera or security system?Solink is not a camera system. It is a video security software that works on desktop or mobile, and it leverages your security camera recordings to create a dashboard of searchable moments. By pairing your video footage with your POS data or other data entry systems, Solink can show you what’s happening in your business at any time, with a combination of data and video footage for context. By providing you with a dashboard of clips paired with data, Solink gives you a wide range of methods to search for theft, security, operations, training, staffing, and customer service issues.
- I already have a POS system I love, do I have to replace it?Not at all! Solink works hard to integrate with a wide range of popular POS systems. We want to enhance your ability to find and solve problems, not give you a whole new headache! Check out our integrations page now to see if we are already working with your system. If you don’t see your system, talk to a sales rep; you’d be surprised how quickly we can forge a new integration.
- I own multiple businesses or sites; can I use Solink in multiple locations?Absolutely! Solink is the perfect video surveillance solution for people with multiple locations. It acts as your virtual headquarters, gathering data from every location in one place so you can review each site individually or compare revenue and results across all of them. You’ll be able to sort your security camera video, transactions, and projected trends by location without having to log in and out multiple times. Whether you have one or one hundred stores, Solink gives you total visibility into every site.
- Is Solink secure?Solink is thorough when it comes to protecting your information. Our security guidelines are listed below:
- We follow the Amazon Web Services (AWS) well-architected framework when designing our virtual private cloud (VPC) infrastructure.
- All servers are within our VPC, are protected by VPC Security Groups and Network ACL’s which restrict any unauthorized access.
- Any inbound network requests are sent through AWS
- Application Load Balancers which have Amazon’s Web Application Firewall (WAF) enabled to protect us against common threats.
- We currently employ AWS Guard Duty to actively alert and monitor any sort of suspicious access attempts to our infrastructure. Which is audited regularly.
- Within our Engineering teams and Ops teams we heavily restrict access to our actual infrastructure using AWS IAM policies and roles to limit and control access to our infrastructure for our employees.
- We use Amazon’s Key Management Service to encrypt any data at rest within our infrastructure.
- Access to our API’s are restricted using JSON Web Tokens (JWT) issued by identity provider Auth0
If you have any further questions, please reach out to us.
- How long is video stored for me?Videos are automatically stored for 30 days, with extended cloud-based packages available to you via your Solink rep. You can also back up any important video clips to the cloud for longer-term storage, making them easily available for court cases and other records. Storage lengths vary based on your subscription.
- How long is the Solink contract?Unlike the competition, Solink doesn’t lock customers into contracts based on terms. Our monthly subscription options allow you to cancel within 90 days of access to the system without penalty. After 90 days, an administrative and equipment recovery fee of $500 is charged, and after 3 years there is no longer a fee for cancelation.
- How much does Solink cost?Solink’s price varies based on the solution you choose. Check out our pricing page for details. We have a basic package that provides video-only features, but most clients soon decide they’d like to leverage the data created by their POS or keypad systems. Want to get a personalized quote? Talk to one of our representatives today.
- How long does it take to get Solink?Installation time varies based on the type of POS and security cameras you use, as well as the features you select. When you begin your purchase process, your rep will provide you with an estimated delivery date.
- Why does Solink involve hardware?Solink is a subscription-based software, but to harness the incredible features we’ve created for it, your business will need a device called a QNAP. This QNAP will replace your existing DVR recorder and is more reliable. We maintain your QNAP and you do not pay for the device itself.
- Do I have to pay for updates or maintenance of Solink equipment?We’re not here to nickel-and-dime you. Solink commits to managing any of the equipment we bring in to connect your business to our platform, and we automatically update your Solink app/platform. Updates and technical support are no-charge. We will also make sure to notify you if any of your systems are offline and help you get them working again. Please note this does not include maintenance of security cameras or POS systems that are already in your business.
- Does Solink work internationally?Yes! Our head office is in Canada but our platform is used all over the world including the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and we are expanding into additional countries all the time. Get in touch with us now to see if your systems are compatible with Solink.
- How do I access Solink?Solink is accessible on both desktop and mobile. The free app is available on both android and apple, and the desktop version is accessible through most web browsers.
- How do I learn how to use Solink?We know that learning a new system can be a bit intimidating, but we’re here to help. We are right there with you every step of the way. Our Customer Success team makes onboarding easy with as many training sessions as you and your team need to learn all of the ins and outs of the platform.
- What do I do if I need help figuring something out after hours?Reach out to our Customer Success team any time and they will be able to help you figure out what’s going on. Our chat support is available 24/7 and is accessible on the app and on desktop. Get in touch with us here.
More Questions about Solink
- I’m interested in Solink. How do I get in touch with someone to learn more?
- How do I learn how to use Solink?
- Why does Solink involve hardware?
- How does Solink work?